Waking up is never easy, but after last night’s TRIPLE OT winner – there really is not enough coffee in the world. Alas, it’s been a good week and will be an even better weekend.
I can’t lay claim to staying awake the entire second overtime (Andy woke me up for snoring with about five minutes left) or not sleeping through the intermission, however, thanks to an overly loud Vine video, I woke up seconds before this moment.
2. Bachelorette Party Weekend
Tomorrow is my bachelorette party! While Andy had his fun at the lake a few weeks ago, it’s my time to celebrate. I can’t wait to see what the girls have in store for me, and I’m so excited to finally check out Ballpark Village! Plus, look at these shoes. Is their anything more fun to wear?
I started watching Revenge on Netflix last summer at the gym – I wasn’t consistent, but it gave me reason to stay on the elliptical longer. With Chromecast and a little extra time, I’ve become a binge watcher, and am a few episodes into Season 2. I’m kind of obsessed, and Emily should go ahead and lend me her wardrobe.
Okay – I’ve NEVER been a coffee drinker, but ever since Andy & I got a coffee maker for my bridal shower, it’s been game over. I’m not sure I can function in the AM without it anymore.
Because there is no such thing as enough.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of being a sponsor for UMSL’s Digital Marketing Conference. In case you weren’t aware, the University of Missouri St. Louis has a fantastic Digital Media Marketing program in their School of Professional and Continuing Studies, and host an annual conference discussing the State of Digital Media, job advice, and more. My company, Twist St. Louis, had a booth at the conference, providing me with the opportunity to meet and talk with a ton of fantastic professionals and students.
Today is my 25th birthday. I’ve been alive and well for an entire quarter of a century, which seems INSANE! I’ve decided instead of following a silly Buzzfeed list of must-do’s this year, I’m going to create my own.
What 25 things do I want to complete in my 25th year?
The sun is shining, the snow is melting – this only means one thing. It’s almost
spring baseball season in St. Louis! As any good St. Louis resident knows, spring is meant for baseball. And as every homeowner knows, spring wreaths are necessary decorations. Insert my DIY Baseball Wreath!
I don’t like stealing ideas, but one of my favorite blogs, Living with a Boy, has a Friday Five each week, and I just love the idea of recapping my five favorite things this week, so consider the idea “borrowed!”
1. DogTV: I finally caved in and bought DogTV (channel 354 on DirecTV) for Yadi. The entire programming is made for dogs – stimulating content to keep them active as well as relaxing content for nap time! I know Andy thought I was nuts when I turned it on – there are actual voice overs saying “What a good boy! You’re such a cute dog!” – but Yadi was glued to the screen! Too bad our TV times out after 4 hours of inactivity – he could easily watch it all day while we’re at work!
2. Baseball Wreath: This is my weekend to-do. After all, baseball season is just around the corner! And let’s be honest, I don’t want to jinx the Blues into their playoff run. Let’s hope it turns out!
3. Target Threshold Windham Console Table: I’ve already got one in my house, and I can’t wait to put together the second! These tables are perfect for blank walls, behind couches and really anywhere you can fit them. Plus, right now, they’re 30% off. It’s just another way to boost your Target addiction. You’re welcome!
4. St. Patrick’s Day: March is my favorite month – after all, I was born in it – and St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate! I look fantastic in green (it’s a blessing for us dark haired ladies), there is plenty to do in St. Louis, and I’m required to work-from-home the day of, as my office is in the heart of the Irish community. Cheers!
5. WE HAVE A DRIVEWAY! We just can’t walk or drive on it yet, but you know, details. It’s just nice to get out of the chat rock and onto solid ground!
So here’s to the weekend, and all of the fabulous things you have going on.
With only 80(!) days to go until we say “I Do” and incredibly bare cabinets in my new home, it was time for my one and only bridal shower! Both Andy & I have small families, so I didn’t see a need to blow it out of proportion or separate my showers by friends/family/couples. My two maids-of-honor (and college roommates) Kaitlyn & Erin put the whole thing together, with my mother’s help for food. It was SO much fun – I couldn’t have asked for more!
Week one of meal planning is done, and let’s be real – I’ve only made two meals! For the record, we didn’t stray from the plan (we did reorder our pizza night, though!) – we just had a TON of leftovers to eat! You’ve already heard about my delicious BBQ Pulled Pork (now with photo!), now it’s time for a super-easy, healthy option – BBQ Chicken Salad!