So, after completing my first 5K Saturday by walking over half (it wasn’t timed), I decided this week was ideal to pick up my dieting habits once again. I joined weight watchers a few weeks ago, and with a hefty goal of 25 lbs., I sought out some delicious, low-point recipes.
I’m not a big fan of oats, but this banana oatmeal muffin recipe seemed easy enough, and I needed an excuse to wear my new belle apron. Plus, weighing in at only 4pts, it was a good replacement for my boring old cereal & milk.
- 2 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)
- Single serving cup of plain low fat greek yogurt (I used 8oz of chobani)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 bananas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray. FYI – this will make the muffins look darker then they really are. don’t worry, you aren’t burning them!
2. Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a bowl or blender. Mix on high until oats are smooth. I used a regular hand mixer, but if you have a strong enough blender, that would be easier!
3. Fill pan 2/3 full with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes. Mine took 21, but were a little done.
Easy peasy, right?